Eagle Palms stab the eagle???

I'm an Eagle Scout that has just recieved his first palm. How do I wear it? I understand the combinations of plams you wear depending on what palms you have, but I dont know WHERE to wear the palm.

Several online sources have told me that the Eagle Palms are supposed to be worn right smack dab in the middle of the Eagle patch. This seems crazy to me. Is this really how palms are worn??

Youth members DO NOT wear the knot. They wear the Eagle Scout rank patch on their uniform in the places prescribed for the wearing of the Award. Eagle Scouts that earn and wear Bronze, Gold and /or Silver Palms on the Knot or on the ribbon of the medal for the completion of additional merit badges, leadership experiences and tenure since Eagle. These palms are worn in the highest combination which illustrate the number of merit badges over Eagle in multiples of five.

The Eagle Scouts was allowed at one time to wear the Palms on the center portion of the Eagle Scout cloth badge; this was a National policy several years ago, but officially has been abandoned. So it looks like as a scout you only can wear it on your medal.

Mark Maranto

Get thee to an Insignia Guide :)

hendrickms24 is correct. On page 23 of the 2003-2005 Insignia Guide it says: "worn only on the Eagle Award ribbon or Eagle Square Knot"

Congratulations by the way for staying active as an Eagle Scout. Keep up the good work and keep earning those palms.

The Eagle Award ribbon is the medal you were presented at your Court of Honor. The palms are worn on the ribbon portion. Per page 46 of the Insignia Guide, medals (5 at a time) may be worn immediately above the seam of the left pocket (i.e., the pin goes right above the seam so that most of the scroll is above the pocket flap). Note: Normally when there's a cloth patch and a medal that mean the same thing they're not worn at the same time.

For my two cents, I say wear the medal (with the palms on the ribbon) only on special occasions (e.g. court of honor) and wear it as described above. You might also check with your Scoutmaster and/or your council office for their guidance.

Good luck.