Uniform find yesterday

I took my 16 year old daughter to a consignment shop yesterday to buy uniform pants and shoes for her new job. While I was walking down one of the aisles, I found a tan shirt (youth x-large) with Webelos neckerchief and slide. It had a 50 cent tag on it. Then down another aisle, I found my son (Boy Scout) another sleeping bag for 50 cents. I went ahead a bought the shirt. I figured you never know when a fellow scout is going to need a new shirt.

It sounds like you might have the start on a troop uniform exchange if your son's troop has the space. Our troop has had a uniform cabinet for many years, but maintaining the quanity necessary to make it useful is very dependant on troop parents that are able to find and donate low cost uniform parts.

I have had simular luck here in the local thrift stores while looking for a cub scout shirt for my son. I have been able to run across no less than 15 cub shirts and about 5 or so scout shirts. (Unfortunatly none that will fit my son) However, I got all that I could find and will gladly loan them to any of the kids localy that can use one. Had better luck (size wize) getting him a shirt off Ebay though.

James