New Scoutstuff.org website

Good grief. The site has changed, and unlike the national web site, which does not provide e-mail addresses, the online store does so. The site did have errors, including the class A error mentioned, and the webmaster and customer service are working to fix the problems. I know because I was in touch with the online store shortly after it opened. For those who have not yet used it, the customer service is excellent, and the order was easy to place and arrived quickly.

It seems to me that a staff member is getting a little heavy handed with his editing power. I agree personal insults should be limited but for crying out loud you guys are eliminating any free discussion. We are all big boys here and can take a few hits, pretty soon almost all of the posts in here will just have :

(edited by a staff member)

Oh well so much for free speech!

Ed, Bob, and Backpacker: Your off-topic and un-Scoutlike comments about each other are not welcome on these forums. I have deleted the most offensive portions of your recent posts.

The edited posts of you three contributed nothing of value to the discussion and are offensive to other members of these forums. Opinions, discussion, and debate are welcome, but there is no free speech when it comes to personal insults.

FScouter

moderator (This message has been edited by a staff member.)

I got no problems with the decision. I was tired of the anti-scouting comments and I shot back, I make no apologies for it, but I accept the authority given Fscouter in this matter. Nobody makes us post here, if we don't like the way this privately owned board is operated then we have the freedom to post elsewhere.

Why does this sound so familiar?

Point made?

By the way here is the latest response from the scoutstuff webmaster:

"You are correct and the terms class A and class B uniform is used by some scouts but there is no official reference. We will make the corrections on the web site to reflect the correct terminology. Thank you for your input and if we can be of any further service please let us know.

Your in Scouting,

So I think we can agree that this adds to the pile of evidence that the terms Class A and B have no real place in our terminology.

(This message has been edited by Bob White)

Class A & Class B might not be official BSA lingo, but there are tons of leaders out there that use & understand what those terms mean. But since it isn't official BSA lingo, we who use it should probably be taken out back & shot!

I agree with Backpacker. Sure we all take pot shots at each other from time to time. Event some of the current moderators join in.

And I think a moderator posted

If we don't debate about stuff that nobody will ever agree on, we may as well shut down these forums.

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10(This message has been edited by evmori)

Discussion, debate, questioning, and a sharing of experiences in a manner that respects others is what we should be striving for.

Posts that are derisive, antagonistic, argumentative, or otherwise impugn the integrity of others, with no other apparent purpose have no place in a Scouting forum.