Women Adult Leader Uniform

We've had a question come up in our troop that I was hoping to find a bit of help on.

We have some women in our troop that are committee members for the most part to help with boards of review, and are of tremendous value to us organizing physicals, permissions, secretary duties, treasury, and coordinating some of our outdoor events as well as some indoor events such as courts of honor, etc. Regarding their uniform, many do not find the boy scout uniform to be very complementary to their form. I can't say as I blame them. There is a tan blouse and green skirt available in the catalog and teh blouse, from the picture appears to be flat around the bottom in the manner of most blouses, designed to be worn outside the pant or skirt. One of our valuable members happened to ask the local council about how they should be wearing the uniform and were told the blouse should be tucked in.

Does anyone have any authoritative information on women's boy scout leader uniform code that may answer this question and others that are likely to arise? If, the answer truely is to be tucked, then who is in charge of creating the confusion in the catalog or if the answer is to remain untucked, then from who do the councils need training?

FScouter, not to start a brew-ha-ha- (sp!)

But I didnt see where it says the blouse should be tucked in. Now, on ladies as represented in the illustrations, I can apperciate the tuck in style, however, ladies in the more rubenesque mold might do well to not tuck

Just an opinion, unless I missed tucked in which is them the way its to be done

Illustrations do indicate a tucked blouse, but does not come out and state it must be tucked in. Hmmm 20 points off for blouse in the catalog, sounds like a sale that they would not allow. One of those subject to interpretation rules like do as I say, not as I do?

Thanks for the replies.

The male leader uniform inspection sheet does not say "tuck in your shirt" either. None of them make that direction, though the illustrations all show the shirt tucked in. Maybe that is assumed, kinda like wearing the cap with the bill forward.

In our troop, we adult leaders model the uniform in the manner we want the boys to wear it, with the shirt tucked in. Even the fat assistant SM tucks it in.

But if the catalog shows the blouse untucked, I wouldn't argue.

I don't know the official rules, but I would like to add my experience. I bought a woman's shirt and it was too short to keep tucked in (which drove me nuts). I am not a slendor woman, but I think that the uniform looks 'odd' when it is worn untucked.

We expect the boys to look neat. We expect them to wear their uniforms tucked in. So we as adults must sit that examply. No I don't like the uniform. I'm not slim and the way the pants and shirt fit make me look rather plump. But if I expect the boys to wear their uniform tucked in that is exactly how I should wear mine.