New Class A/"Field" Uniforms?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not say you had to pass the inspection. You are simply supposed to have an inspection twice yearly. Clean face and hands- 4 points, clean nails- 4 points, official pants- 15 points! This is out of a total of 100 points.

A recent thread on uniforms discussed how to encourage moving to a full uniform unit. This can be done in a positive manner by recognizing individual boys in full uniform, recognizing patrols where all members are in full uniform and so on. Be creative and encourage a full uniformed unit. You can do it!(This message has been edited by boleta)

Oooops.

I just reviewed the 2004 National Quality Unit Award form and could not find a requirement to hold uniform inspections. Perhaps this was removed or it is a council requirement. Sorry for the mistake, but inspections are still a good way to encourage wearing the uniform(This message has been edited by boleta)

It hasn't been a requirement for for at least the last twenty years. That's even back when it was called honor unit. I have started as a unit scouter twenty years ago and every unit that I have been in has earned the Quailty Unit(or Honor) and I have been a commissioner since 1988 and uniform inspections have not been a part of the requirements.