Venturing Uniform help

Does anyone have any sorces for "SECONDS" in Venturing Uniforms. Especialy the Pants.

Sixty-five dollars is insane. I myself have NEVER paid that much for ANY pair of pants.

Our Crew has elected to use the "Dark Green" shirt and use "Black Jeans" for the pants.

If I could find a reasonable source for the offical pants, they would go for it.

PLEASE, just info on possibilities for supply, NO lecture from the Uniform Police.

Thank you!

It is hard to find "seconds" for BSA uniforms because most of the uniforms are seconds. I needed a new expedition hat a while back and was dismayed to discover that every one in my size had the eyelets for the chinstrap misplaced. I had to return my first uniform shirt because the right pocket was a half inch lower than the left. My current short sleeved shirt has pockets that are not the same size. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that until I had sewn my patches on it.

$65 for a pair of cotton work pants is outrageous. Go to Walmart and look at grey work pants for $20, they even have ones with a nifty pocket for a cell phone.

I recommend that you wear dark grey Dickies with the cellphone pocket. You'll find many uses for that extra pocket and the pants are double kneed. There's nothing in literature that says Venturers have to wear 100% BSA uniforms. You can buy 3 pairs of Dickies for the cost of one BSA Venturing pants.