Tiger Cub Patch

Just to be clear on what you are asking, the "new" diamond-shaped Tiger badge would be worn by boys who earned it, meaning boys working out of the handbook that came out in 2001 (?). (Even if that's the wrong year, it is the first and only actual book, as opposed to unbound materials, that has existed for the Tiger program.) If I have my years right, that would mean that boys currently in the fourth and fifth grades, who were Tigers in the first grade and earned the rectangular patch, would still be wearing the rectangular patch. When the current fourth graders leave the pack, the rectangular patch will be obsolete.

On the same topic... what is the order of the patches on the shirt pocket? All the pictures I find online seem to still have the "old" layout (no Tiger patch). I did figure out that the new Tiger patch goes at the bottom of the diamond-to-be... but where does Bobcat go? Directly above Tiger (so Wolf would be on the left and Bear on the right), or clockwise to the left of Tiger? My younger Scout just earned his Bobcat (working on Wolf) and I realized that I am not positive where to sew it. [FWIW, my older one has the Tiger strip so this wasn't an issue for him...]

Thank you for your replies.

The changing system of badges is what made it confusing.

My son is working on Wolf. The Tiger badge that goes on the back of the pawprint recognition bead holder sticks on real good and won't come off. So I purchased a second one at the scout store for his shirt. The tiger recognition beads I guess can no longer be worn on his belt. The tiger triangle I placed at the 6 O'clock position. Now that he has earned the Bobcat that was sewn at the 12:00 positon. The chart I have from online shows the wolf at the 9:00 and the bear at the 3:00.

Not having to worry about the tiger strip I placed the Recruiter strip right under the pocket and did not leave space for the tiger strip as all the Recruiter strip placement pictures show.

The boys I saw Sunday must also be between badge systems. They had only the 9, 12 and 3 o'clock badges. So they must of earned the tiger strip not diamond. And I was thinking, "Wow, a whole row of older scouts at the awards ceremoney and none were ever Tigers." smile. So this explains the "missing" patch on their uniforms.

At the award ceremoney my son was awarded the progress towards ranks button hanging bead holder. Already attached were two red beads. It is a huge den of about 15 working on wolf's. I'm not going to mention to the hardworking leader that the beads awarded to all 15 should of been yellow. I doubt anyone else will even notice.

As long as you are talking about the changes for the Tiger patch it is worth mentioning the new options Cubs have for wearing the single oval (Boy Scout style) rank patch on the tan shirt when they are Webelos. These choices can be individual or by den, and often can prevent needing to buy a new larger blue shirt just about the time the boy is going to bridge to Boy Scouts. At that time just change the loops to red and change to putting on Boy Scout rank patches. My son's den has even adopted a "patrol" animal patch as Webelos 2s which will carry over to their Boy Scout patrol.