Den Chief cords

I have gotten two different answers. Which is correct. My son is currently a Webelos Den Chief. He has also earned his Den Chief Award cord for when he was working with this same group as Bears. Does he wear one or the other or both??????

If your son is (was) a Bear Den Chief, he wore a blue & gold (I'm guessing, I forgot) cord. A Webelos Den Chief wears a different color (green, yellow and red?) cord. If your son earned the Den Chief Service award (one full calendar year of service) I believe he wears a red, white and blue cord regardless of the age of the den. I don't believe he wears more than one cord at a time. Therefore lets say he served as a den chief for a year with the Bears and a few months now with the Webelos, he should be wearing his red, white and blue cord.

I'm basing my answer purely on logic and memory and will be the first to admit I could be way off base.(This message has been edited by acco40)

Well, I was wrong. He may wear the Service Award along with the Webelos Den Chief cord. See below:

Den Chief Service Award: A special recognition given to Den Chiefs who complete certain service and training requirements. Presented with approval by the Cubmaster and Scoutmaster. (See Den Chief Handbook for requirements and procedure.) A distinctive red, white, and blue shoulder cord worn with the regular Den Chief or Webelos Den Chief cord, worn as described for the Den Chief shoulder cord. May be worn after Den Chief service is completed.