BDU and Uniforms

I didn't think you were demeaning anybody. I just got a kick out of it, that's all.

I think national supply makes all manufacturers hide their brand names. We don't endorse products, but they come from somewhere (U.S.A. of course.) I don't know if the red wool (or Philmont) jackets are Woolrich or Pendleton. I think they're Woolrich, but does it really matter?

DS

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, I've been enjoying this from a distance but I must now confess:

I wear cheap ties, cost less than a gallon of gas, and I probably don't qualify as a clothes horse (my daughter is rolling her eyes in emphatic agreement). But I do like the fit and feel of the official scout pants (and the rest of the uniform for that matter) although I agree that the shorts are, well, hideous. I realize that I am in a minority opinion but I wanted you to see a positive statement in this thread. I do agree that they don't work well for some activities, swimming for example (although I've tried that by accident a few times).

Zorn, it is good to know that you didn't fall off the edge of the earth.

FYI, our troop does not allow camo or BDUs. If a family says they can't afford the pants we allow blue jeans or something similar. However, I agree with the cost comparisons.