I have been asked by several of my Eagle Scouts how to change the presidential endorsement, in particular the removing of Bill Clinton's name and adding another, such as President-elect Bush. Thank you.

Jerry Rakes SM T147

Kentucky

I had read on another site (can't remember where_ that National had made available a Eagle certificate without a presidential endorsement. It also stated that this was NOT a political decision by the National Council but a courtesy being provided to parents and Eagles with strong opinions regarding the character of our current President.

I would think that if President Clinton was the honorary Chief Scout when the boy earned Eagle either it would be his name or none on the certificate. It seems silly (at best) to attempt to pick and choose who is named as Chief Scout on the certificate. After all it doesn't matter who you want to be named as Chief Scout on it, the reality is that President Clinton IS the Chief Scout until January '01.

I think you would have to contact NESA or your local Council office to confirm this. Nesa would be the most direct route though.