Eagle Palm Scoutmaster Conference

I would not dual register with another troop - don't even think you can do that. You may dual register with another unit, but not a troop.

Ask the Scoutmaster for a Scoutmaster conference that has nothing to do with rank/palms. Have a heart to heart with him/her on the subject. Is avoidance his way of trying to slow you down? Is he just busy? Does he think you may not be worthy? Does he feel you may not be active? May not show Scout spirit? Not making a satisfactory effort to grow as a leader or demonstrate leadership ability?

If so, he should hold a conference and let you know. These requirements are real and not just rubber stamps - earn 5 more merit badges and get a palm.

P.S. And be careful, never drop that "r" from your name! :)(This message has been edited by acco40)

I certainly don't know both sides of the story or in person know the personalities or witnessed the history but from what you have said here.....

The SM appears to be looking for any reason to delay you

The relationship with the SM is not good

I know may adults who hold grudges a long time over small things and react way out of proportion to the issue at the root of it all

You have already made many attempts

You have a small unit with limited otehr adult resources

Other adult resources in your unit are not very actively engaged or attending.

Not knowing how much you plan to be active in the future, or how well you like the unit, or what other units or crews are out in your area that might be appealing......

I think I would QUEITLY get your records of your badges earned above Eagle recorded at either council or shared with another unit of your choice. If your Advancement Coordinator can be trusted to confidentially provide the records to say a venturing unit where you have had a talk with it's leader about the situation and you know he will provide SM conference and BOR for you....dual register with the venture unit.

You can earn the palms (You need to live up to the leadership and Scout Spirit parts) in the venture crew and troop and say nothing in the troop about the palms or venture unit, don't wear them or be awarded them at the troop COR. That way you can attend meetings, campouts and be with your buddies showing scout spirit and leadership in the troop if you still want to. Some adult with a revenge agenda should NOT make your life worse. If you have the Merit badge records transferred to the venture unit, the SM can't really do anything about it at that point and you have removed his ability to negatively effect your life.

Some might say to work the system, I find many times this is a waste of time, energy and good motivation. If I walk to a building I want to enter and walk into it's wall, do I insist on walking forward with my nose pressed against the bricks, or do I use my noggin and look for an unlocked door ?