Are there any graphical dependencies charts out there showing what's generally involved with earning what and how things are connected? I started putting one together and am breaking today after a few in hopes that when I return tomorrow morning someone will be able to point me to something that's already out there.

I'm looking for something like:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/bubbajoe12345/scout/meritbadgedependencies.jpg

Ok, I finished putting it together with this nifty little program I found called Compendium. Yeah, it's a little messy as I had to put all the little bubbles together by hand. But I think it shows what it's meant to show well enough.

See, I was looking at various awards, wondering what the boys were close to based on what they'd already earned and as I looked at everything I started thinking, "Hey, haven't I see that merit badge as a requirement for that other thing, what was it again?" How many awards could one merit badge help a person earn?

I found a few surprising things, for instance, if you'd like to be an Eagle and you earn Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the World, Environmental Science (all merit badges required for Eagle), then either Fish and Wildlife Management or Soil and Water Conservation, as well as do a service project, you've not only made a great stride towards becoming an Eagle, but with a bit of paperwork and ancillary things you'd also have earned the Boy Scout World Conservation Award, the Hometown USA Award, and you'd have made good progress towards the William T. Hornaday Award.

Anyway, here's the current somewhat jumbled dependency chart. Anyone who can do a better job of arranging things is freely and openly invited to do just that -- I admit that drawing up such charts and organizing things isn't really what I'm good at.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/bubbajoe12345/scout/BoyScoutAwardDependencies.png

The numbers show what's required, for instance 3/12 means there are 12 possible choices and you must do 3 of them. A yellow arrow (or red arrow in a latter version) means that the merit badge/activity isn't required, but that doing optional thing would make earning that desired award a lot easier.(This message has been edited by BartHumphries)