Advancement and Merit Badge Cards

Found myself getting really annoyed at our council office today. I went to pick up awards, including cards. We have currently a very small group, but have always been fairly small. When I looked for the cards, they were only available in sheets of 6. Now, merit badges will take care of themselves pretty easily, so sheets are not a poor option necessarily, as you will like use them fairly soon. But to make you buy 6 rank cards is simply annoying, though I realize the cost is fairly minimal, and hopefully you will eventually use them. On the other hand, for small groups such as ours, especially for higher ranks, it could take two or three years possibly. It is about an average of $7-$10 overage a year for us currently. Larger troops would do less. But nationwide, that means they are taking in a fairly good sum for unused materials, or ones that will not be used for a long time.

Okay, now I have vented; feel a bit better. Trying not to let pettiness get in the way of the bigger picture.

Old and grouchy

Skeptic,

Feel better now? A good rant can work wonders.

What i've seen done, and am prepared to do for Crossovers next year, is taking scans of old certificates, and ten reprinting them on certificate paper. Grant you it is a little costlier than the cards from the Scout Shop, but look must nicer IMHO.