Today in my mail I received all of the documentation for the first Eagle Scout from our troop. We started a brand new troop about 2 1/2 years ago with six boys who moved up from Webelos. Along the way we have had a few boys transfer in and we now stand at 19 active Scouts.

Our new Eagle had been in several troops previously and was close to dropping out when his parents convinced him to try one more. With his effort and a little mentoring, he finally made it. His BOR was three days before he left for college out of state. That took a lot of doing!

But this boy has meant so much to the success of our young troop. Having even one older boy made the difference. He was an example to a bunch of middle schoolers that Scouting IS COOL. Our Eagle wears the droopy jeans and has slightly long hair- typical of his age. He is also an accomplished musician and an Honors Student. This boy lives the Oath and Law by nature.

As a Scoutmaster, I could not be more proud. I hope I have the same feeling for Eagle number 10 as I do for number 1!

Ken

Much congrats! I hope you took lots of pictures of the CoH. Now, make sure the local news gets ahold of the story. Nothing like a local boy makes good story for the evening TV news and Town Gazette.

AND the angle of a new Scout unit and how it got up and running. Your local Chamber of Commerce might help you make the right conections.

Next, ask your CO if you can establish an Eagle memorial of some kind, a wall placque or display case. or something, because you ARE going to have more Eagles , some day, yes?

And a picture album to put all those pictures in of Eagle CoH and camp trips and such. Need a Troop Historian or Scribe to help tend to that.

"Well done"... oops, that's Sea Scouts.