Time requirement for advancement

O - M - G!!! Beavah, did you just write, "Daddy-O"????

You don't happen to have a set of bongos or something like that do you? Maybe a goatee and sunglasses? Wow, my mental image is reeling. I'm seeing......Maynard G. Krebs, like for sure, man!

Huh?

Oh, yah, not to worry, mate. Your cognitives need not get dissonated. No bongos (with or without da -os) here. Definitely no goatee.

Yeh need to check out the "Seeking Guidance" thread and it's originating poster.

Beavah

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK since my Blackberry was overheating with notifications of replies to my question I decided to call the CC about all of this. I did have some facts wrong ( go ahead, flame me I have bunker gear and an SCBA on already-BE PREPARED!)

The BoR is the date of his advancement, they are doing BORs on 2 different weeks because of everyone advancing at once, My son will do his on the 19th, one day after the 6month time requirement.

We do the COH on set time frames to schedule FOS and other "stuff" and we do make a big deal out of COH; pot luck, Ice Cream social, etc.

Bad info came from my son ( I'll beat him with a pillow for y'all) about the BOR being set as well.

I have been thrust into the SM position with a total of 3 months as ASM since no one would step up and take over as SM, ( was a lowly MB counselor and dad with big SUV to haul scouts before that for 3yrs) So I am learning on the fly so to speak.

Thanks for all the imput, sorry if I raised everyones hackles, ( but it did make for some lively discussion hu?)