Guide to BSA Pins?

Are there any guides to BSA rank pins? I know the old advancement rank pins have had several different designs and was wondering if there is a resource to help identify them. There is a local auction coming up with a First Class pin and I'd like to figure out the general age and approximate value before going to bid. Any advice?

They still make the rank pins, and the FC pin is the official pin for Scouts to wear on the Campaign hat, aka, "Smokey Bear," and the Expedition Hat, aka brimmed hat" irregardless of the Scotus actual rank.

BUT be prepared to fill out an advancement report to get one.:) I thought national was nuts when they came out with the policy in the 1999-2001 time frame, and stated they should allow the current rank pins on the hats, as well as enlarge them.

Thanks for the info....I'll check for the book. Based on the age of the other items being auctioned and the way the pin looks in the pictures (I don't know the size...there isn't a scale to compare), it looks to be WWII age or prior. I would be interested in buying it, but don't want to go overboard either....