X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a pack in Hendersonville\Gallatin, TN area

My son is interested in getting involved with Cub Scouts and we are in the process of finding a Pack. We have been to one meeting at a local Gallatin Pack but are wanting to try some others. Our church home is Hendersonville First Baptist Church and unfortunately they do not have a Cub Scout Pack but they do have a large Boy Scout Troop 413. If my son continues with scouting through Boy Scouts I am sure this will be the Troop he will attend. I am looking for a well run, stable, fiscally responsible, FUN, excited leadership Pack that will transition well into the Boy Scout Troop in question. I know I am asking a lot, but he is my son. Thanks for any information.

Talk to the boys or adult leaders in your church's troop. Ask them which pack(s) their cross-overs come from. Visit those.

As to the finding the perfect leader for your boy, there's this thing called a mirror. I suggest you and your spouse stand in front of it and see which one is ready for some fun times!

Comment

My Wife and I are both ready and willing to have fun times with my son in Scouting. We do a lot of fun things on our own now. We just need help finding the right group.

Comment

If you haven't already, visit www.BeAScout.org, click on "Cub Scouts" and enter the zip codes for Hendersonville & Gallatin. This will give you a list of Packs in those towns, and most should have a contact at the Pack (note some are located at Churches that are of different faiths so you may not consider those suitable). They may not start meeting until September, but I agree with qwasze that visits are important.

Does your son have friends that want to join Scouts? Sometimes it makes it easier to have a friend along for the ride if you're not joining a school-based Pack.

Comment

Working...
        X