Scouting for Food

Hello, my cub scouts participated in Scouting for Food in both the drop off and pick up portions of the event. They had a blast, even though they were underfoot of the Boy Scouts. My question is, does this event assist them in any achievements or electives? I have Bears, but I know a few Tigers and Wolves also attended. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Even if it doesn't earn anything for them, the boys gained an appreciation of what goes into planning and attending an event like this, and they were made aware of the fact that people need help on every scale - including putting food on the table.

Tiger Elective # 11 - Help collect food, clothing or toys for needy families with your den or pack.

Nothing specific for Wolf, or Bear. However parents might fit it in with the Duty to God requirements.

Most Scout Shops carry a Scouting For Food patch. Your Pack might consider purchasing a participation patch for those Scouts that worked the event.

The WEBELOS 1's in our Pack are using Scouting for Food for the Service project requirement for the Citizenship Belt Loop which is required for the Citizen Activity Badge

If your Unit posts the total service hours on the JTE web site this project qualifies for Messengers of Peace Ring Emblem Item: 615442

To participate, scouts simply need to go online and register their MOP-related community service projects (including Eagle Scout projects). Doing so adds pins to a global Messengers of Peace map, showing service projects around the world.

Make sure to check the Messengers of Peace box when entering a service project through the Journey to Excellence website

To purchase these ring patches, a unit representative should take the unit certificate to the local Scout shop or council service center.

For More information got: http://www.scouting.org/messengersofpeace.aspx