X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is Overworked?

So which council staff positions usually wind up overworking the people who hold them?

Which ones aren't especially burdensome?

Professional or volunteer?

I currently hold the positions of Lodge Adviser and Vice President of Program. There are days that I spend 4-5 hours on Scouting business. It could be meetings, emails, dealing with patch companies, reviewing the latest National revisions to whatever they decide needed a tweak this week, etc. If I didn't work from home, I would be overburdened. Since I work from home, I can manage the commitment. I am fortunate that my associate lodge advisers, camping committee chairman, training chairman and activities chairman are all very capable people.

Now if I can get the VOA straightened out....

Comment

Overworked verses putting in a bunch of non productive hours?????

Comment

No doubt some DEs are exhausted after a full day of firing District Chairs, attending unit meetings they aren't invited to to make FOS pitches and so on.

Comment

Heard a couple of different sorrys.....one is that he resigned.

Comment

Who Is Overworked?

Anyone who chooses to let themselves be overworked.

I know I've been overworked at times. Looking back on it, I can identify how I made it my own choice to do it, or how I failed to delegate items that might have helped relieve it.

My sense is that the DEs put in a lot of hours. I think that some view it as being overworked.

Comment

Working...
            X