Like the last few posters I finally was able to get registered today after visiting since the Fall of 2011.

My name is Chris, I'm the father of a Wolf and a Bear. My son's Wolf Den Leader decided to withdraw from the program with his son at the start of December. We were given the choice of shutting the den down and merging with another den or having one of the parents step in. I was a 2nd Class Scout in the 80's and I'm currently going to school in my 40's full/part time as funds allow, so I had some time to dedicate to the program.

I believe that if there is an award to accomplish then pursue it in scouting.

It's been great taking up scouting again with my sons. We've gone camping every month since they've joined up as a family including Carolina Beach State Park, Lake Waccamaw State Park, Washington, DC (ok so we stayed in a hotel instead of braving a wet and cold weekend at Croatan National Forest), and Uwharrie National Forest. This month we're going to a place called Cabin Lake in Duplin County, NC and then my older son gets to go to Webelos Weekend at Moore's Creek National Battlefield. So we stay busy with it.

Glad to see there are a few active posters from our district here also.

Cool. I was going to Lenoir Community College for a while and hope to swing by Cliffs of the Neuse one of these days. Of course my ancestral home is Louisiana and you just can't get any boudin here in NC, but I've lived here in Wilmington for over 20 years after a few years living and surfing in Nags Head in high school.