pandemonium, adult-led, boy-run, which is it?

Hi Joni,

I'm getting very confused. You started a thread about beating down SM defeatism. You described the SM being too adult-directed, riding their butts or however you put it, then later you said he was too hands off and just let the boys do what they wanted.

I can't really figure out what you're asking or wanting.

Help us help you :)

Maybe if you took just one slice of an interaction - like say, pick one meal on one campout, and gave us the play-by-play...

Still, until there is greater clarification of what your roles as the adults in the troop are, it's going to be very difficult to get any changes made. When we're you last in touch with your Unit Commissioner? You need this person asap!

A lot of what you're telling us in the different threads are just symptoms of a troop committee that is understaffed and disorganized. You working-way-too-hard doing-too-many-different-jobs is just a bandaid on the situation.

Let's see if we can achieve some clarity :)

Anne in Mpls

I concur with AnneinMpls on this one, if you would like some advice on this one you need to give us a little direction.

I think I may be wearing your SM's shoes except I am trying to actively grow the boys into their Leadership positions. Have held a TLT - to the best of my ability. And am breaking out the TLT syllabus again because the SPL called me and said he's calling a PLC for one of our upcoming School release days. He says the PLC members still don't understand what they should be doing and he wants to go over it again. (Theres finally some momentum - the rock moved...)

The difference I see is that I have a vision, and you have a vision - the thing is to get your SM, that direct contact leader, to get the vision.

Let us know how we can help you. :)