Greetings from Central Texas!

Well, after about ten minutes of looking I finally found the button to click on to post a new message! :D

I'm a mom of a bear cub and also the asst. DL for his den. Last year was our first year in Cub Scouts so we have learned a lot! We've got 12 boys in our den, and probably at least that many in Tigers, Wolves and Webelos, each. Our Pack has grown a lot in the past few years.

I have no previous experience with scouts. I wasn't a Girl Scout and my brothers weren't Boy Scouts or cubs. My husband was a cub scout for a couple of years, but didn't go on to Boy Scouts. So we are basically starting from scratch. But I think I'm having as much fun as the boys, which is saying something! We are blessed with motivated parent-leaders and great kids in our pack!

I found this great site while doing a search for camping activities. I found some good ideas here and elsewhere. I've also had fun lurking around a bit, and there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable people here. I'm looking forward to at least doing some more lurking, and have bookmarked this site in case I need some more ideas.