I don't get it. How do they make more money from the same book? Are you implying that all Webelos leaders are dumb enough to buy a new book simply because of a different cover? The ad clearly says "this book has been updated with a new cover. There are no content changes from previous version." I wouldn't call that a whole lot of hoopla. Can you imagine the complaining that would come if nothing was said? What is the problem here?

• 3 weeks later...

When I was originally shopping for the Webelos book, the lady at the Scout Store said that they were coming out with a new one but had no other information. I said that since the one remaining on her shelves was soon to be out of date, I'd take it off her hands for a nice discount, which she agreed to. Nice to know that my highly discounted manual has all the right content with a different cover.

Frank

I love the way you get right to the core of the discussion. I agree with you as well. It seems people just love to bat around a non issue like this one and drive it right into the ground. I am sure most of the people complaining never bothered to read the notation on the scout stuff site and went out and bought the book. The Webelos program is not really changing at all, just a little reformatting so don't sweat it. If you bought the new book anyhow donate it to your pack library.