Scouts on Barrett-Jackson

Anyone else see the Scouts and the vehicle their council auctioned off last night on the Barrett-Jackson auction? It was a 1961 CarryAll (now called a Suburban) hot-rodded out, with custom paint and flames on the hood, with lots of Scout stickers in the windows. It came with a canoe and trailer, attached. The 1915 antique Old Town canoe was fully restored, and featured a matching paint job, with flames on the bow. Looked like a professional Scouter from a council in North Carolina gave the description, and explained the money was going to one of the council camps.

When they pulled the truck up on center stage, several Webelos jumped out and started wiping down the truck and canoe. This is one of many charity auctions Barrett-Jackson supports, in which they wave their fees. The auction raised $55,000.

You can see the truck and canoe at http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/search.aspx?st=1&aid=283&d=01/16/2009. It is Lot 701, auctioned on 1/15/09. Sorry, they don't have a direct link to that page, you have to work a little to get to it.

The truck looked just like the photo, but the canoe was painted the same color as the truck, not the green in the photo. The description says the truck is painted "with Boy Scout colors" but that isn't what I think when I see it. Looks pretty cool to me, and I would love to have it (but not for that price).