How many of you had or are having a Halloween Party?

We camped in a campground last weekend that goes overboard decorating. 3 families got together and bought a hurst. You have to reserve a spot a year in advance (except the youth tent area).

Who's dressing up? I'm Cat in the Hat this year.

Why would anybody bring a performance transmission shifter to a Halloween Party? :)

This year the theme is Pirates, OK, so its a little cliche, but it gets worse. I already had my costume figured out before I received word of the theme. I have a set of Baseball Catchers shin guards and a Chest Protector. I bought some artificial fall vegatation, long on the wheat, and other grain content. I hot glued the plant materal on the chest protector along with some real grasses. I will stick some more of the artificial grass in the shin guards as well.

Yes, I am the Catcher in the Rye, now, the planners threw me a curve (get it, Curve?) when they announced the theme of Pirates, but as you can imagine it only slowed me down a second. I shall have my catchers apparel on, complete with backward black baseball cap. If anyone mentions the theme is Pirates, I swing the hat around and show them I am a Pittsburg, Pirate. Ed, I thought of you as I was buying the hat

OGE - That is hilarious!

My daughter previewed her Sarah Palin outfit last night. She looked fabulous and has the 'accent' down just right. I think her boyfriend is doing Joe Biden but I can't imagine how he's going to pull that off ( he is dark haired and Puerto Rican descent).

OK have to do it...

Why couldn't the 12 year old see the Pirate movie?

Because it was rated aaarrrrrrr!

How much does it cost for a Pirate's earrings?

A Buck an Ear!

:-)

A distressing note, so I go to the party, evean had a jerset with the name CAULFIELD on the back. Out of 40 people at the party, from Junior High to old fogeys, only three people got it right away. One a University Chemistry Professor, a Freshman in College and the other a High School teacher, not sure what subject. When I told one peson, she goes, Oh I loed that book. But didnt recognize the main charactor. Literature is dead