Am I nuts? No, dont answer that!

From nuts to certifiable in less than one year...

Another troop in my area has been asking me to sort of stand in as their UC since they don't have one - I helped them get rechartered when there was a signature missing (took me one phone call and a 10 min drive), and they asked me to sit in on a committee meeting where they discussed fall recruiting, etc.

So since I've had contacts with all 3 units in my area, I've been offered the position of ADC and so now I need a whole new set of advice ;)

As far as I can tell, my first and biggest job is to recruit UCs for the units. There are 5 units on the books, but in reality only three. A cub pack went missing this year, and the tiny troop merged into another troop in my area. Still, I want to recruit 3 UC's so they are in place if and when the cub pack and troop resurrect.

Next, I want to increase cooperation and contact among the units on the northside: our 3 units straddle several scoutreach units that may or may not be currently active.

I'm playing with starting up a website for the northside scouting units. PM me if you'd like to take a look and offer comments, as I'm not really publicizing it yet - I've only worked on it for a day or so so far and it's not ready for primetime!

Ok, folks :) Give it to me straight!

Anne in Mpls