2 deep leadership question...

Eamonn is both correct and funny, as always.

The official policy is "Two registered adult leaders, or one registered leader and a parent of a participating Scout or other adult, one of whom must be at least 21 years of age or older, are required for all trips or outings."

That's from the Guide to Safe Scouting, which you can find at http://www.scouting.org/HealthandSafety/GSS/toc.aspx

As a committee member, you would count as a registered adult leader.

Thanks for the quick replies!

I acctually just decided to stop waiting for my Cub Pack to put on the Youth Protection Training that they were going to do as a group, and finished it online about 5 minutes ago.

Now, I better know that answer, cause I'm TRAINED!!

Thanks Again,

~Pixie

P.S. That was the answer that I gave, when asked the question by my husband. Even though I would never tell him if I were wrong, I still wanted to verify my accuracy! ;-)(This message has been edited by pixiewife)(This message has been edited by pixiewife)

Actually, if your Pack is planning on doing a Youth Protection training for the entire Pack it is most likely the video "It Happened To Me".

This video is for Cub Scout aged boys and their parents and talks about abuse and other safety issues. BSA recommends that it be shown yearly.

This is the facilitator's guide -

http://old.scouting.org/pubs/av/46-182/46-182.pdf

Thanks Scoutnut,

I saw in the online training, that they talked about that video. I acctually watched that video at one point a couple of years ago when my older son saw it in his den. I did not realize the reccomendation about watching it yearly, until I took the training last night. I was planning on waiting until next year (wolf's) to show it to my den, but I may have to reevaluate that.

Thanks,

~Pixie