Laser tag and surfing

Hello all,

Just got this email from our SE. Seems the question of how Laser Tag is to be an acceptable activity is still being mulled over. I've got some kids that bug me on a monthly basis about paint ball, but now I've got proof that it's not just me that says no! At least we'll have Laser Tag at some point.

Quote:

Bob [Mazucca] had asked that I report to you on questions related to BSA restricted activities that were raised during the recent Metro Scout Executives Meeting held at the Florida Sea Base. The questions were related to the following activities; surfing, laser tag and paint ball.

 SURFING - I am pleased to report that surfing is an approved activity for Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts and Venturers. This is shown on the age appropriate activities listing which appears as the first appendix of the Guide to Safe Scouting.

 LASER TAG - Laser tag is currently under consideration to become an approved activity with stringent guidelines but I do not have a date to share with you at this time.

 PAINT BALL - Paint ball was just recently reviewed (including a live demonstration of the activity) and remains a prohibited activity.

James J. Terry, Jr.

Assistant Chief Scout Executive/

Chief Financial Officer

Boy Scouts of America