Good morning everyone! I am was searching for a Cub Scout forum and came across this one.

My name is Christy and I have 3 kids - 11 yr old girl, 7 yr old boy, and 2 yr old girl. I grew up in a family with 4 girls. Needless to say, I know all there is to know about Girl Scouts. I'm a leader, mentor, staff member, etc.

My son started Cub Scouts this year and I feel like I am in another world with a whole new language. We have an awesome guy who runs the Pack (I'm sure he has a title that I have forgotten) that suggested I not be a leader (smart man!) but he would find something else short-term for me to volunteer to do.

I will probably have a lot of questions and I hope to find a lot of answers on this forum. I'll drop into the Girl Scout area as well and see what is up there! :)

Christy

Christy, welcome to the world of cub scouting.

Its a lot like girl scouts, only its boys, and ah the terms are different, and ah the advancement requirements are different, and ah the activities are different, and ah the motto is different, and the ah purposes are different, and ah the handbook is different, and ah the uniform is different, and ah the fundraisers are different, and ah well...its a lot like girl scouts.

Hope your son has a great time.