Fox and Fellow Scouters,

Greetings!

I think Fox got their answer.

Totally different from this occasion, but I found it to be soooo funny. A few years ago, we had one forum poster.

This forum poster asked if anyone could answer his question. All he wanted was just one answer. The question from a few years ago, was why that specific poster could not have an alternate lifestyle and still be a Scout Leader. He asked for just one answer and he would accept it.

About 30 pages, maybe 40 pages of answers later, and he kept saying, "I don't accept your answer". Fortunately, I believe that forum poster only had one topic and was an active member of this forum for a couple of months. But watching that topic spread and discuss over the weeks was mostly hilarious and sometimes frustrating.

All that to say....

For legitimate questions or discussions, such as fox's (and most all of us have questions or begin discussion topics). We should briefly empathize with the other party, consider the thoughts of the Scoutleader, parent, child, COR, Commissioner, and even the Scout professional.

Just like many of you. Years ago, in a management class we would receive constant feedback. During a specific leadership course we were taught that it was not beneficial to argue over petty topics. So if the message receiver did not agree with the feedback. The recepeint would still have to say "Thanks for the Feedback" and continue on, either along the same agenda or adjusting their plan.

Respect goes both ways.

"You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.

~ Zig Ziglar

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv