midwest regional activity for Oct 2007

Since this is planning time for many units, I thought I'd put this out there for your info.

In October, Great Sauk Trail Council (southeast Michigan) is hosting a council camporee at the Michigan International Speedway. They are expecting to draw scouts from not only MI, but also from OH, IN, WI, and IL and Canada. It is being unofficially billed as a "regional jambo" type of event. The program includes activities for packs (including cub family camping), troops, and crews. They do this event once every 3-5 years and it is always very well done. If you are in the region and are interested, check it out at: http://www.gstcbsa.org/mis/

And hey, I know we'll probably never get a Scouter.com gathering together on our own - my "hour a week" is already spoken for, thank you - but if you attend this camporee, let me know!

This sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Being in Minnesota, it would be a little far for our troop to travel.

We have something similar coming up in June, 2007. The Ripley Rendezvous is expected to draw over 12,000 scouts from a five state area - MN, SD, ND, IA, WI.

I think it's a great idea to gather scouts from many different areas - the Regional get togethers are more realistic than a National or International jamboree for most of the boys.

Thanks for posting - I hope you have a good time.