Quick question about 2010 Jambo

This is a hard question to answer, because no one knows what national will be planning for the 2010 National Jamboree. Even if they don't plan anything for Cub Scouts they can still visit and see what is going on. It will probably be about one year before we start hearing anything about the program that they are starting to prepare.

"Is there a program for Cub Scouts to go to the Jamboree? "

I would doubt it. By and large Cub Scouts don't camp out, certainly not for extended periods. Most of the activities at the Jamboree are for the participants, not the visits. Cubs can visit, but I would doubt there be a special program for them.

A better question would be "will there be a program for Venturers to go to the Jamboree?" Many Venturers have been very disappointed that the only place for them at the jamboree has been on staff. They'd like to come as participants.

I was talking to a National Venturing executive a a few weeks ago at a College of Commissioner's I was at, Venturers are not at present expected to participate, they continue to be allowed to staff. The only explanation is that the Jamboree is an Boy Scout event. It wasnt Bill Evans, it was the other guy whose name I cant come up with

It is the National Boy Scout Jamboree.

I'm thinking with it being the 100 year celebration, the number of Boy Scouts who will want to attend will exceed all expectations.

Add what hopefully we learned from 2005 about marching huge numbers of Scouts into one place.

Sites under electrical wires.

Adequate First Aid /Hospital facilities.

I really don't think there is room for other sections.

This is just my gut feeling and not based on anything else.

I still don't know if I will attend or not?

I kinda like the idea of working in one of the sub camps. But I'm not keen about living in the staff area.

Ea.