A long time ago I was asked to take the Pepsi test. I don't drink cola, so I didn't take the test.

I do seem to watch a lot of the programs that PBS airs, so I the station in West Virginia a check, I think they do a better job than our local station. I don't like all the programs that PBS airs, but I'm glad that even the stuff I don't like has a home.

I was born and raised a Roman Catholic,I have attended other churches, but never wanted to really spend the time finding out more. I don't agree with everything the Church does, but as long as I'm going to remain in the Church I'm going to follow the rules.

OJ did his Eagle Leadership Service Project at and for our local YMCA.

It's a new YMCA in a brand new building. The guy in charge is a super nice fellow. He asked if I would serve on a committee. I declined, I don't know much about the YMCA, I do know when I look at this new YMCA I see state of the art gym equipment, treadmills, stair climbers and lots of middle and old aged people sweating like crazy. I don't see any young people. I remember the old building which was in bad repair, but when I went in there were kids everywhere playing basket ball and just hanging out. Of course it was in the center of our little town and the new one is outside of town and the kids would need to be dropped off.

I still think the YMCA does a good job, but what they are doing is not my cup of tea.

I have been in Scouting for a very long time.

Most of the time I'm so busy with the project in hand that I don't even think about Councils, Regions or what National is up to.

I don't have time to worry about what changes are needed to improve the National program, I'm busy trying to do my best for the kids that I serve and the kids in the community where I live.

I get the membership reports every month, I might not be happy with them, but while I do drive several hundred miles to attend meetings about membership I know in my heart of hearts that the only real difference I can make is with the kids in my area.

Many of us have heard the story about the Lad on the beach tossing starfish into the sea as the tide goes out. The beach was covered in starfish. Someone said to him that he was wasting his time that there was no way he could save all the starfish, as he tossed another starfish into the sea he replied "I know, but I can save this one."

Eamonn.