Pack, Troop & Crew Unit Leadership Coordination

Im the Charter Rep for the Scouting program at our church- we have a 7 year old pack, 3 year old troop and a 2 year old crew (I am also the crew advisor). I recharted the pack as its Cubmaster back then, and have continued to enjoy the program with my son and other long time leaders/ Scouters.

We coordinate a yearly program planning event at which all leaders attend and plan the upcoming years agenda & activities we then end the day with a cookout at my house for all leaders and their spouses. This has been well attended for three years and the planning & fellowship have been great.

The units are continuing to grow, and with that, the business of each unit grows.

Each unit has a unit committee meeting once a month- I try to coordinate somewhat of a Scouter executive committee meeting 3 other times a year than the program planning to layout communication and common program needs.

But by growing from a program with 6-8 leaders who knew each other like the back side of their hand, (10-15 cubs) to a large program with many new leaders (20-22 leaders with over 60 kids), I am need of advice and suggestions .

How can all three units keep from making conflicting unit decisions? Support one another & work together, share common goals,yet stay out of each others way allow each to be their own individual unit etc

Whats worked or not worked for your groups?

Lexington76

What you describe is almost the set up that I had and is still in use in the UK.

The person in charge is the Group Scout Leader.

When I was a new SM (Scout Leader) back home, my mentor and hero (please don't let him ever know I said that!!) Was Martin Gerrard.

Rather than trying to bore you with all the details you might want to visit the web page of the group.

http://www.2ndcuddingtonscouts.org.uk/index2frameset.htm

They really have a great set up and offer a wonderful program to the Scouts they serve.

Eamonn.