Rock & Roll Scouts! WARW 94.7 fm in Baltimore!

WELL!! Here I am,minding my own business, listening to my "classic rock" station as my son and I return from his Ice skating lesson today ( I want his cultural education to be complete), when the DJ, Shelby, announces that the lunchtime theme today is SCOUTING, from a request of a "Tiger Scout Pack", who had done some service project. People called in to suggest songs in line with "Scoutings Values" . HELP by the Beattles, CCRs "Run thru the Jungle" (Be Prepared), "Get Ready" (Be Prepared again), usw..

CELL PHONE TIME...AND when I called in to request Allan Sherman's "Camp Grenada...Hello mudda, Hello Fadda" (hey, Scouts go camping!!) THEY PUT ME ON THE AIR!! I reminded them that our Scout camps were NOTHING like Grenada!! I thanked Shelby for mentioning Scouting, and a good time was had by all, even the fellow that called in to say that the Scout motto was "trustworthyloyalhelpfulfriendlycouteouskindobedientthriftybravecleanandreverent" (he asked for something by the Eagles).(someone else called in to remind him that that was the LAW, the MOTTO was...) Even the woman who asked for Adam Ants "Goody Goody Two Shoes" had a good time.

And the boy thought his old man was way cool...

Thank you, WARW, 94.7 fm in Baltimore!!

Great story -Thanks

As for "And the boy thought his old man was way cool..."

Doesn't the Lad know that all Scouter's are Way Cool..?

Eamonn

(The Scouting English Wrapper!)