Too powerful of a Scoutmaster

Perhaps this thread should be called "Too powerful of a Scoutmaster's wife and daughter?"

And the Scoutmaster's son (a patrol leader) regularly hits another scout? Yee gads! This is definitely a topic for the troop committee. This is called abuse!

Find a new troop, or start one. And bring along your son's scout-aged friends.

Good luck.

Have fun scouting.

(This message has been edited by Aquila calva)

I'm with anarchist and gwd-scouter.

While I can see that younger children might have to tag along to some Cub Scout events, I don't see the need for them to be at Boy Scout events.

In many ways I feel for the 12 year old girl.

What was she supposed to do while the boys that I'm guessing she sees all the time at school are busy and hopefully having fun?

This being a District event, I would have thought that some other Scouter could have stepped up to the plate so that Dad or Mom could remain home and take care of the family.

While I have never heard of it happening I feel sure if a family wanted to bring a non Scout to Summer camp in our Council, it just wouldn't happen. Families are welcome to come up and visit, but not remain for extended lengths of time.

I admit I was tempted to allow some of the 13 year old brothers and sisters attend Sea Scout events, but we discussed it and decided it was better for everyone if they waited until they could really be part of the program.

I'm not up on all the insurance issues but allowing a non member to join in some activities might be a problem if there was an accident. Having them stand around with next to nothing to do just isn't fair to them.

Eamonn.