Looking for 'chapter and verse' locations that specifically state that no new requirements can be added for rank advancement.

Currently on the road and do not have my scouting information with me.

thanks in advance for the assistance

yis

BSA publication #33088D

Advancement Committee Policies and Procedures

Page 3

Advancement Principles

"...No Council, District, Unit, or individual has the authority to add to or subtract from advancement requirements..."

page 23

Boy Scout Advancement

"...No council, district, unit, or individual has the authority to add to or subtract from any advancement requirement."

Page 26

Merit badge Sidebar

"...Scouts must be tested individually, and they must meet all the requirements. No additional requirements may be added..."

PS, I looked and I didnt see "guidebook" printed anywhere on this publication

The Scoutmaster Handbook, chapter 10 Advancement:

"Scouts are expected to complete the current requirements as they are written for ranks, merit badges, and other awards. No requirements may be added or omitted."

Boy Scout Requirements (not guidelines) book, merit badge section:

"You are expected to meet the requirements as they are stated - no more and no less. You are expected to do exactly what is stated in the requirements. If it says show or demonstrate, that is what you must do. Just telling about it isn't enough. The same thing holds true for such words as 'make', 'list', 'in the field', and collect, identify, and label."

The only think I have issue with is on both Nature and Insect Study merit badges. Where the boys are to collect, mount, and lable 10 -50 insects.

I simply don't think it is proper "Leave No Trace"

policy to kill the insects. I council both of these badges and it bothers me to have boys kill any living thing simply for the purpose of mounting it. Had one boy bring 10 containers with live insects. Each container was properly labled. He had ever written where he had found them. It was nice to know that he would be able to release them back into the wild.