It has been a source of amazement to me over the years how one man's vision has made such and impact around the world. I was in Korea, Singapore and the Philipines last year where Scouting is growing stronger every day. In Manila, Philipines they have a very cool museum with lots of old photos and momentos of B-P. In Singapore I got to talk to a Scout about their advancement system. In Korea much the same.

In the words of B-P "As you pass through this world, wittingly or unwittingly, whoever you may be you leave a trail behind you. Others will notice and may follow it. It may be one that leads them to good or it may be one that leads them astray. That depends on you."

One of the traits that I most love above about B-P was his desire to bring an end to war. He saw the Boy Scout movement as part of this dream. In a world where all the men were brother scouts, there could be no war. As a soldier he knew the horrors and insanity of war and spent a lifetime trying to establish a world without a posibility of war.

I have heard it mentioned that he retired to Africa when he realized WWII was inevitable and could not stand to see or hear about it. The legacy of B-P goes on. It is truly amazing what one dedicated driven passionate man can accomplish