Our local PBS TV station aired the Irish Tenors live in Belfast tonight.

I had thought that I'd seen it before, but I must be a little confused. I had seen them when I was in Dublin a few years back.

I like Irish music and do get a little emotional when they sing Danny Boy, it makes me think of both my parents who are buried in Ireland.

Ronan Tynan was with them for the concert. I think he is a wonderful chap. He is a MD and a wonderful horseman even though he was born with a lower limb disability. He is also a great motivational speaker.

The tenors without Ronan will be at Heinz Hall on March 5th (I already had my tickets) and He will be at the Palace Theater on May 12th.

As I say I hadn't seen the Belfast concert. I would like to share the words of one song that he sang which dedicated to all the parents who in his words had been blessed with a mentally or physically challenged child.

Scorn Not His Simplicity

(Lyrics Phil Coulter)

Sung by Ronan Tynan

See the child

With the golden hair

Yet eyes that show the emptiness inside.

Do we know...

Can we understand just how he feels,

Or have we really tried ?

See him now

As he stands alone

And watches children play a children's game.

Simple child,

He looks almost like the others,

Yet they know he's not the same.

Scorn not his simplicity,

But rather try to love him all the more.

Oh no.

See him stare...

Not recognizing the kind face

That only yesterday he loved.

The loving face of a mother

who can't understand what she's been guilty of.

But rather try to love him all the more.

Oh no

Oh no.

Only he knows how to face the future hopefully,

Surrounded by despair.

He won't ask for your pity or your sympathy;

But surely you should care.

But rather try to love him all the more

Oh no

Oh no

Oh no

Eamonn.

Sue

As you have guessed I'm a transplant!!

But I love living here. I love my small town. It isn't possible to drive with two hands on the wheel, you need one hand to wave back at the people who wave at you.

Her Who Must Be Obeyed, comes from a long line of local undertakers.

I think that it's really strange while local businesses are closing in part because of the big stores moving in and the population of my small town and the surrounding small towns seems to be shrinking the local funeral directors seem to do well and are always the first to get behind local and community groups.

If you ever want to move back I know of a Scout Ship that could use another female leader and maybe I could see about getting you the professional discount at one of the funeral homes.

Eamonn.

Eamonn,

It's a wonderful...very ethnically mixed area..still many 1st & 2nd generation Irish, German, Italian and Eastern European immigrants (including my own grandparents) who came to find a better life in the steel mills, coal mines and farms...WONDERFUL food!! and you're right about all the small towns...There are some great ones..Lots of great local history, from Revolutionary war times to modern!.. All of both of our families still live there. I've been gone for 20 years now but still miss it...I was back there last July when my mother died.. We don't get back as often these days since it's a long drive that gets harder and harder for me to make..

Where is your Ship based? What river do you call home??

Sue M.