Hurricane Katrina help for councils

All-

the following I received from the Chapter President of the APO Chapter I advise. feel free to pass along the information to other scouters.

=====

Hi APO Brothers

I am here in Hattiesburg, Mississippi volunteering with the American Red Cross. The local Boy Scouts council has been gracious enough to let us use some of their office space to process paperwork and such - and they need our help!

The local boy scouts have suffered LOTS of damage from Hurricane Katrina, therefore The Pine Burr Area Council has created a Hurricane Katrina T-Shirt - for a total cost of 11.50 a shirt - and the money is being raised to help local scouting units rebuild the scouting equipment that was damaged by Hurricane Katrina.

The shirt will be as follows:

FRONT --- I survived

(( picture of storm))

Katrina

May God Be With All Victims

BACK --- "..To HElp Other People At All Times..."

- Excerpt from the Boy Scout Oath

Pine Burr Area Council, Boy Scouts of America

The Tshirts are $11.50 each, are available in sizes Youth Small, Youth Medium, Youth Large, Adult Small, Adult Medium, Adult Large, Adult X Large, Adult XX Large, and Adult XXX Large

Orders are due by October 15th, 2005

You can send a check or money order - made payable to Boy Scouts of America - to Pine Burr Area Council 1318 Hardy Street Hattiesburg, MS 39401 or use your mastercard or via and fax the order to 601-582-5629 or call Nicholle @ 601-582-2326 for a phone order

when submitting a T-shirt request please send your name, address, email, phone, # of shirts and sizes, and payment method

If you guys have any questions about the Tshirts - call Nichole @ 601-582-2326 as I have limited email availability and little to no cell phone service!

Just thought I would forward this information along to my APO brothers since we are founded on the principles of Boy SCouting, and these scouts REALLY need our help - and I know some of you guys collect different scouting items :-)

Lots of Love,

Kandi Osman

aka "Sugar"

2005 - 2006 Alpha Delta Tau Chapter President