star scout requirement

I am a first class scout. I have not had a chance to hold a qualifying leadership position to work towards earning my star scout badge. I want to do a scout master assigned leadership project which is an alternate choice. My scoutmaster told me to come up with an idea for a project. Could you give me some ideas about projects that would meet this requirement?

Hi Duck7,

I'm a Webelos Den Leader. One of the requirments for the Arrow of Light, is for a Webelos Scout to earn the Readyman activity badge.

What does that have to do with you, you may ask? Well, I'm tossing around the idea of having the troop organize and plan a workshop where the Webelos scouts in the Pack can earn the Readyman activity badge. You could do something similar for a local pack. It would take a lot of organising and you would need several other scouts to help, but I think it would be a great project that should definitely qualify for your rank requirement.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

SWScouter

Kevin (12) just earned Star before we went to summer camp. Currently he is PL. OUr elections are in August. He does not want to run for SPL but has ask the SM about being a Den Chief for the Web I den. We are currently working that our. I was proud of him. He enjoys working with the younger kids.

You could also see about being the Historian for your troop and putting together the troops history. Find out how many Eagle Scouts the troop has had, when it was first chartered, who was the first SM.