Scouting Family Needs Some Help

I wasn't sure which forum to post this under, however, a family within my District has suffered a great loss. If nothing else, please keep this very young family in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

(Written by Ted Feuerstein-Apollo Dist. Webmaster)

The Saranac Lions Club Cub Scout Pack 3071 recently lost their Cubmaster. The Rev. Phillip M. Rauch, age 30, passed away unexpectedly Sunday, June 12, 2005. Phil was a good Cubmaster and very active in Saranac and his death is a great loss.

Phil leaves behind his wife Kerry and three children: Katrina age 13, Mason age 10 and Kayne age 9 and they have quite a challenge ahead of them. Phil was the pastor of a very small church in Saranac and his passing has left his family in great need financially.

Several families from the pack have set up a memorial fund for Kerry and the children. Anyone who feels led to help in this situation may make a contribution to this fund. Financial donations may be made to: Rauch Memorial Fund, Kerry Rauch @ Independent Bank, 29 Church St., Box 5, Saranac, MI 48881-0005. Questions may be directed to Carol Lomas at 616-642-6917 ext 102. Thank you for your support.

Scoutndad,

Thank you for sharing this sad story. Our thoughts are with the family.

Our Pack is also chartered by the Lions, so I passed the post along to our COR. I'm not sure, but my guess is that Lions Clubs may wish to help other Lions Clubs, when possible.

Perhaps the story could be shared with other Lions COs?

John

• 3 years later...

I know this is a bit late. But I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped us out in a terrible time in our lives. Also letting you know that the kids are doing good. Very adjusted to their new lives and accelling tremendously. Again, thank you for all the love and support.

Kerry