First off, I am a former first-class scout that had to "retire" about 4 years ago. Now, I am using some of my camp cooking knowledge for a presentation in college. I am giving a speech on some of my favorite recipes: Cardboard oven, bacon/eggs in a paper bag, and foil packs. However, I have run into a bit of a dilemma. I can't really use open flame in the classroom, as well as I can't easily get a hold on the food needed to make the stuff. And to put a topper on it, I have at most 7 minutes to demonstrate this. I come here to ask for the ingennuity of the scouts to give a hand to one of their own.

The best you could do would bring displays of such cooking methods. Personally, we never have needed such - we do all campfire cooking.

Also, if you are wanting to provide samples of the food -- you will have to cook ahead of time.

OK let me see we have:

No Heat -Maybe?

No Food - Sort of?

And only seven minutes to do this cooking presentation.

Of course what to do is very easy. Go ahead and do everything that you want to do, make the oven, cook the biscuits, fry the eggs and video tape it. Edit it down to seven minutes and add a new sound track.

Eamonn.