Jamboree Staff Travel plans

I will be flying from Atlanta. Never flown into Washington DC. Any recommendations on which airport....Dulles or Reagan? No difference in ticket price. Just wondered which airport is easiest to get around...or is more fun to explore (during a short layover) BTW, my first time on Jambo staff. I'm a bit excited!

I recommend Reagan! If you're lucky, your plane will approach from upstream on the Potomac, banking left to right with the course of the river, providing magnificent views of DC (be sure to get a left side window seat). Plus, depending on how much time you have, it's on the metro, so for a small fare and after a short subway ride, you can easily find yourself wandering around our national monuments.

Dulles International will be slightly easier for an immediate transit of the metro area to I-95 S. towards Camp A.P. Hill, especially during commuting/rush hours. Reagan/National is directly on the Potomac R. about 2.5 miles from the Pentagon in Alexandria, Va. If your flight arrives there between 10 AM - 1PM or after 7:30 PM , traffic and /or rail should be OK.

Have Fun !!

Greeneagle5