problem with cubmaster

Hi Beggar,

It is sad when in a great movement like Scouting we have power hungry people who use good leaders to make a statement about how powerful they think they really are. I have had a few people here and there that have really tried controlling situations for their own benefit. A controller will use gossip and inuendos to show their statute but at the root is usually a person with low self-esteem that wants to feel better about themselves. You will notice that he didn't share with a third party like you are doing, but with the people he wants to impress.

Now as to what to do--Each situation calls for a unique approach. Please speak with your Committee Chair who the Cubmaster answers to. Unit Commissioners are next and then definitely District Executive as a last result. It would be nice if the Cubmaster would acknowledge at a Pack Committee meeting the wrong he did but don't count on it. You may actually leave but with the knowledge that your good name is not besmirched by the past. Good leaders are not to be stepped on--and the kids shouldn't suffer. May I just add, however, that put your pride aside and walk with dignity. You have done what you can but stand back and be aware of the ramifications of your actions. Pride and dignity sometimes are opposite forces, I hope you understand. Keep us posted--we all learn from examples.

YIS, Sylvia