A Special Fathers Day Greeting

Happy Dad's Day to all the fathers involved in the effort to give their childern a scouting experience. Whether your role was was just getting them signed-up and taking them to meetings, or volunteering your time as a leader, your son or daughter will be enriched in some manner because you helped them to be scouts. I hope you have a great Fathers's Day.

Bob White

Thanks Bob

I echo your sentiments.

PBS as part of the News hour on Friday looked at Fathers Day and the word Hero. It went on to say how the word Hero is now very much in your face these days. We see the guys and girls in the military and call them Hero's,we see the images of 9/11 and the firemen and policemen and call them Hero's. All these people are hero's and deserve the title hero.

In my book anyone who puts others before him or herself is a hero.

Many of us have been blessed in that we have had lot's of people who have been our hero's, we have had leaders in Scouting who we have put our needs before their own, we have friends that we know that if asked will drop everything to lend a hand.

Still my greatest hero will always be my Dad. One of my missions in life is to be as good a Dad as he was.

Happy Fathers day to all.

Eamonn.

To Bob and others:

Happy Father's Day to all of you!

To me, Father's Day is somewhat odd. We celebrate what has done the most to make ME happy, yet I get the gifts. Just doesn't seem right. I find myself spending much of Father's day thanking my wife and boys for allowing me to be a Dad.

I also want to send warm wishes out to all of those who, like me, can't give our father a hug and say thank you to them. I sure miss my Dad. I hope he's at least a little proud as he watches down on me.

Mark

Thanks Bob, and a wish that all the other Dads had a day as nice as mine.

Got to spend the whole day with two teenage sons & their mom. Great weather outside all day. The boys at this stage are usually out and about with their buddies on a weekend.

I also got to talk to my Dad, who is my biggest hero. In his 80's he still plays a better golf game than I do, but I can finally beat him at tennis.

SA