AoL Plaques / Gifts

We purchased authentic Indian arrows (or so the website said) and the parents painted them using various stripes for various ranks and achivements.  For example, a broad orange stripe for Tiger, a yellow stripe for Wolves, a blue stripe for Bear, red stripes for Webelos 1 and green for Webelos 2.  Thin silver and gold stripes for arrow points, purple for World Conservation, a stripe for each of the Webelos awards earned, etc.  It was a fun activity for a group of parents who got to be friends over the five years of Cub Scouts.

• Upvote 1

We purchased authentic Indian arrows (or so the website said) and the parents painted them using various stripes for various ranks and achivements.  For example, a broad orange stripe for Tiger, a yellow stripe for Wolves, a blue stripe for Bear, red stripes for Webelos 1 and green for Webelos 2.  Thin silver and gold stripes for arrow points, purple for World Conservation, a stripe for each of the Webelos awards earned, etc.  It was a fun activity for a group of parents who got to be friends over the five years of Cub Scouts.

That's awesome and I'm jealous we won't be able to do something like that. One of the two plaques I was looking at camp pre-painted with stripes for the ranks. The other you could apply sticker stripes to. I wish I could do something like this with my parents (we had 4 together since Tiger as of last year, now my son is the only one that remains from Tiger.) The rest joined us at Wolf or Bear but we aren't very close (not like I've seen with other dens.)