Courts of Honor Controversy

Greeneagle5,

If I were the Committee chair I would tell the Scoutmaster, in a very serious tone, that he must immediately adapt a positive, non-threatening, way of speaking with scouts and others or he will be removed from the Scoutmaster position. He needs to make a choice. Does he want to lead a scouting program or does he want to say stupid things to other peoples children. Do not allow him to do both.

This for people who took this comment seriously.

Awhile ago on the uniform board someone posted a funny story poking fun at uniform police. People changed the words and got all serious about it. It was a joke.

Now too me this sounds like the same thing. It was a joke. Can't scouting have a little humor?

Sad to report I am well known for opening mouth and inserting foot.

It is also a fact that I have a a really terrible temper. So bad that I rarely if ever lose it. Mainly because I get so mad at myself for allowing it to happen.

Still to date I have never ever lost my temper at a child - Not even my own, and Lord knows he knows how to push all the buttons.

When talking too or with young people I do pick my words. I have been heard to say that I am going to "Marmalize" someone. Which I have no idea how to do and am not sure if it could be done. Still it is not a good thing to say and I know that I really shouldn't say it. However I think it is along the same lines as Fat Old Guy and his transporting Scouts on the roof of his car.

There is a time and a place for most of the things that happen. It might be OK to say that you are going to Marmalize a Scout in the Quartermasters store when you find that the cook kit has not been cleaned. But at a Court of Honor? I don't think so.

Eamonn

The flames have died down with his recent apology to the Troop and CC. We hope he will adapt and lead us in a forward direction. Thanks for your comments and input. Greatly appreciated, some were sent to the CC.

Greeneagle5