could we start an Exploring forum , maybe we can open this up to post advisors, post committee people, and Learning for Life Executives, and people on LFL committees, and those of us who are registered in both Learning For Life, and Venturing in BSA, or V/E enthusiasts, I have some questions if someone could please answer a few questons, 1. Do they have a training course for Exploring adults at Philmont, 2.Are some of the old training manuals still

available? also something on the Service Team especially for Explorer

Service Teams? Has the transfer to Learning For Life eliminated some

of the old manuals, or are there reprints ? I would also like to take this time and see if anyone would like to open a Explorer Discussion up. Thanks

I think that is a great idea. I know they got rid of most manuals and have put things on their web site: http://www.learning-for-life.org/.

They still have some manuals. I wonder what they did with manuals they had in stock? Would they still have them somewhere?

I had seen some council web sites where they re-designed the manuals and put them out. I don't remember which ones, but if your good at search engines you might be able to find it.

I have to state my dislike for all the Learning For Life Programs. While they might do good work they are not how I see the BSA.

My reasons are:

They do not make any kind of promise that includes God. Yes you can be an atheist and a Explorer. In fact you can be a gay atheist and be a Explorer.

While I don't know how things are in other Councils here in our neck of the woods the LFL program is a drain on the council. It does little or nothing to help pay its way. No FOS, No Popcorn sale. Yet we have two full time council employees working for LFL.

Visit the LFL web page and you don't see one mention of the BSA.

Please do not mix up Venturing with Exploring. They are not the same.

Eamonn