It's working...a positive story

I saw this Good Samaritan on the news last night. He credits his experience as a boy scout for teaching him what to do.

Good Samaritan Comes Forward

Victim, Rescuer Plan To Meet

POSTED: 7:52 AM PST February 5, 2004

UPDATED: 8:33 AM PST February 5, 2004

Jerome Hargrove is in stable condition; he will be OK thanks to the help of a stranger.

Hargrove and his girlfriend lost control of their car Tuesday night. The car hit a guardrail and burst into the flames.

After seeing the accident, 19-year-old Alex Hernandez stopped his car. First he pulled Hargrove to safety, then went back for his girlfriend.

Hernandez said, "She was trapped. I started pulling on her but she wouldn't move. I asked the guy to help me get her out of there. I told her, 'this car is catching on fire.'"

Hernandez and another man stayed with Hargrove until paramedics arrived.

NBC11 News spoke with Hargrove in his hospital room before Hernandez came forward.

"I don't even know who this guy is but he just put my arm over his shoulder and pulled me over to the side and laid me down and he just said, 'Don't move. Don't move.' He just kept telling me my girlfriend was OK," Hargrove said.

Hargrove would like to meet the good Samaritan who saved him and his girlfriend. The California Highway Patrol helped link the two men.

thanks eisely.

it is easy to say 'doom in our time' and to concentrate on whimps and barbarians. Samaritans don't get reported too often. not sensational enough I suppose.

anyone know of the site that emails or displays a current heroic story every day or week or something? Had an SM featured once at least.

Saw it a few computers ago and have lost it.